With more than 40 classes per week FREE with your membership, we have something for everyone. YOGA, Body Blast, Step Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Zumba, and SilverSneaker® Classes are just a few of the classes that we offer.
All of our classes are include a warm-up and cool down period. The instructors at The Summit have years of experience so they know how to give you a safe, effective, fun workout.
From our suspended hardwood floor and year round climate controlled room, to our state of the art sound system (including cordless headset microphone to make our instructor that much easier to hear and follow), we are confident our participants will find The Summit’s Group Exercise program to be the finest around.
GROUP EXERCISE SCHEDULE
- Body Blast: Using a bar and weighted plates, this class is a total body weight lifting class all set to upbeat energizing music. The entire body will be sculpted and strengthened.
- Body Sculpting: An overall body shaping and firming class using weights and the body’s own resistance to perform strength building exercises. After the warm up, the class will focus on a workout that can be challenging to fit all participants’ needs. Both upper and lower body are emphasized during the workout as well as abdominal training, ending with an emphasis on flexibility.
- Boot Camp: This class is SAFE and easy to follow-NO tricky choreography. It’s back to the basics of Jumping jacks, push-ups, Sprints, CORE conditioning, Jumping rope, squat thrusts, bear crawls, etc….(It’s OK to come and work at your own pace!)
- Cardio Strength Training for the Mature Adult: A muscle conditioning class which focuses on the unique concerns of “mature” adult. This class is intense but the focus is on safety and less impact on joints.
- Hit & Fit: this class targets cardiovascular and weight training areas, both which can be modified for all ages and fitness levels. The class uses boxing gloves, resistance bands, kettlebells, medicine balls, dumbbells and physio balls during a circuit-type workout.
- Kickboxing & Core: Sculpt and strengthen your upper and lower body with easy kickboxing moves while getting a cardio working at the same time! Finish with abdominal exercises and some relaxation stretches.
- PiYo: Combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexilbility of flowing yoga movements, A mainstream mind-body class with an athletic twist.
- SilverSneakers Classic: Increase muscular strength and range of movement, and improve activities for daily living. You'll have a chair for seated exercises and standing support. Your instructor can modify the exercises for your fitness level.
- SilverSneakers Circuit: Experience standing, low-impact choreography alternated with standing upper-body strength work. This class is suitable for nearly every fitness level, and your instructor can adapt the exercises depending on your skill.
- SilverSneakers YOGA: Move through seated and standing yoga poses designed to increase flexibility, balance, and range of movement. Finish with restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation to promote reduced stress and mental clarity.
- STEP Circuit: Offering participants the best of both worlds, cardiovascular conditioning and muscle toning, STEP Circuit is a fun variety of STEP… along with muscle conditioning using weights, tubes or resist-a-balls.
- STRONG by ZUMBA: This is a HIIT class (High Intensity Interval Training). It includes 30 seconds of high intensity exercises with 30 seconds of active recovery moves for a safe, effective workout. Moves include burpees, planks, pushups, bear crawls, cardio and plyometrics. These exercises can be modified.
- YOGA: This class is appropriate for anyone interested in Yoga - Novice through advanced participants are welcome. This class is designed to introduce participants to Yoga postures as well as helping to increase flexibility, strength, balance and mind/body awareness.
- Yoga on the BALL:. This class will deliver an overall body workout to increase core strength and control as well as improve muscular endurance, strength and definition while using an exercise ball.
- Yogalates: A combination of Yoga and Pilates, this class is designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance, and mind/body awareness while offering an interesting variety of Yoga postures and Pilates exercises.
- ZUMBA: Latin Dancing made fun and easy to follow with motivating music!!! This class is tons of fun and an awesome sweat!!!
- 20/20/20: This exciting class is a dynamic combination of cardio, strength, and flexibility-each segment 20 minutes in duration.