Do you have questions or need advice from one of our fitness professionals? Click here to email us or call 814-946-1668.
One of the best things a trainer can provide for you is consistency. Consistency is the key to your success and the first 30 days is the most important. If you’re getting results, you’ll keep going!
Our Training Philosophy:
Demonstrate and Define - During your training sessions, your trainer will show you how to properly do certain exercises or movements and explain why it is advantageous to you.
Strengthen your weaknesses - Your Summit trainer will constantly assess your weaknesses and strengths. This assessment allows the trainer to
Consistency and Accountability - One of the best things a trainer can provide for you is consistency. At The Summit, we know consistency is the key to your success. Working with a Summit trainer, you will be reminded of why you started and reinforce what you are working so hard for while helping you avoid any setbacks. We want you to learn, progress, realize your results and benefit from what we know, what we are teaching you, and what we are passionate about.
Our Certified Trainers will customize a motivating workout to best fit your individual needs and help you to:
- Learn proper form
- Efficient workout sequences
- New techniques to help change up your workout
- Reach all new levels of success!
We offer a variety of training options, including 1/2 hour and 1 hour sessions and group training. We offer all new members the opportunity to meet with one of our Certified Personal Trainers for a 1 hour session to not only experience the benefits of personal training, but also to help get you started on the right track. We know that the key to your success is consistency, especially within the first 30 days.
Meet our Personal Trainers
JENN (HATCH) MILLER, B.S.
FITNESS DIRECTOR &
- Bachelors of Science, Lock Haven University, 2006 --Recreation Management, Concentration in Fitness
- PSU Strength & Conditioning athletics
- Cheerleading Coach, Bellwood-Antis
- CPR/AED Certified
- Pre & Post Natal Fitness Training
- Personal Training since 2002
- Trained clients ages 12-87
- Functional Training, Group Fitness, 1 on 1, Core Specific, weight loss
- PSU Strength & Conditioning- Trained 23 athletic teams
- Pre & Post Natal (Pregnancy) Experience
- HIIT (High Interval Intensity Training)
- Previously the Director of Operations for a multi-million dollar company in Atlanta, GA
FITNESS CENTER FLOOR MANAGER
- CPR/AED Certified
- NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialty Certification
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Experience as an Online Group Fitness Coach/Nutrition Coaching
- 8 years group sports coaching- Softball, ages 9-18
- Former multiple group sports athlete
- Hiking, indoor fitness, strength training
- High intensity interval training workouts
- Enjoys staying active & determined to succeed and achieve my fitness/life goals
- Obtained credits towards Health & Physical Education degree
WAYNE WOLFE, B.S.
- Penn State University, B.S.
- Licensed Emergency Medical Technician (full-time) & CPR certified
- Certified Level 4 USA Hockey Coach, Certified Level 2 USA Hockey Referee
- ACSM Personal Trainer certification
- Umpires little league baseball
- Enjoys scuba diving, trail riding, ice hockey, and training, former ice hockey coach
HIRAM CARPENTER, B.A.
- B.A. Baldwin-Wallace College
- Exercise Science
- Currently applying for admission into a Physical Therapy Doctorate Program
- Training individuals and small groups
- Weight loss, strength, flexibility, endurance training, and overall wellness
- Experience in physical therapy progressing people functionally and in terms of sport/work specific fitness components
- Played varsity racquetball at the collegiate level and numerous sports at the high school level
- Ran 2010 Chicago Marathon
- Avid fan of the West Virginia Mountaineers and follower of college football and basketball among other sports
- Enjoy staying active and finding new ways to accomplish fitness goals
- Penn State University, BS
- Substitute teacher for Bellwood & Hollidaysburg school districts
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- First Aid CPR/AED
- Martial Arts Instructor, 14 years
- Junior High School Wrestling Coach, 10 years
- Group Instructor since 2003
- Corrective Exercise and Post rehab training
- Trained clients from ages 15-79
- Bachelor's of Science of Exercise Science, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Coached peewee football and elementary basketball
- Experience with joint therapy in a hospital setting
- Inpatient & outpatient therapy
- Maintaining physical & mental awareness
- Enjoys sports- basketball & tennis
- Health & Physical Education from Slippery Rock, BE, 2015
- Health & Physical Education Teacher at Altoona Area School District, Elementary grades K-6th
- Competed in a body building competition– won 1st place for the figure division class A & 2nd place overall
- 1st place for rep wars and juggernaut in The Summit’s Steel Wars competition
- Former athlete: soccer, volleyball, basketball
- Volunteer for Special Olympics
- Coached youth soccer
- Leisure activities include: weight lifting, hiking, biking, & being outdoors
- Enjoys helping people of all ages and ability levels learn about fitness and reach their goals
To schedule a personal training session or to learn more, please call Fitness Director, Jenn Miller, at 814-946-1668 ext. 104