ALL Group Exercise Classes are FREE with your membership!
Looking for this months class schedule?
LAND AEROBICS AT THE SUMMIT
Spots in our group exercise classes must be reserved. You can reserve a spot in class up to 24 hours in advance by using The Summit app or by calling the front desk at 814-946-1668.
With more than 40 classes per week FREE with your membership, we have something for everyone. YOGA, Body Blast, Step Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Zumba, and SilverSneaker® Classes are just a few of the classes that we offer.
All of our classes are include a warm-up and cool down period. The instructors at The Summit have years of experience so they know how to give you a safe, effective, fun workout.
From our suspended hardwood floor and year round climate controlled room, to our state of the art sound system (including cordless headset microphone to make our instructor that much easier to hear and follow), we are confident our participants will find The Summit’s Group Exercise program to be the finest around.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- Body Blast: Using a bar and weighted plates, this class is a total body weight lifting class all set to upbeat energizing music. The entire body will be sculpted and strengthened.
- Body Sculpting: An overall body shaping and firming class using weights and the body’s own resistance to perform strength building exercises. After the warmup, the class will focus on a workout that can be challenging to fit all participants’ needs. Both upper and lower body are emphasized during the workout as well as abdominal training, ending with an emphasis on flexibility.
- Boot Camp: This class is SAFE and easy to follow-NO tricky choreography. It’s back to the basics of Jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, Sprints, CORE conditioning, weight training, squat thrusts, bear crawls, etc.(It’s OK to come and work at your own pace!)
- Cardio Strength Training for the Mature Adult: A muscle conditioning class which focuses on the unique concerns of “mature” adult. This class is intense, but the focus is on safety and less impact on joints.
- Kickboxing & Core: Sculpt and strengthen your upper and lower body with easy kickboxing moves while getting a cardio workout at the same time. Finish with abdominal exercises and some relaxation stretches.
- POUND: Fuses cardio interval training with drumming to provide a challenging, heart pumping workout
- SilverSneakers Classic: Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills. Handheld weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support.
- SilverSneakers Cardio Circuit: Combine fun with fitness to increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance power with a standing circuit workout. Upper body strength work with hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a ball is alternated with non-impact aerobic choreography. A chair is offered for support, stretching, and relaxation exercises.
- SilverSneakers YOGA: This Yoga class, specifically designed for the senior population, is all done using a chair for support. The Yoga postures will help improve flexibility, strength and balance while enhancing a harmonious mind/body connection.
- STEP Circuit: Offering participants the best of both worlds, cardiovascular conditioning and muscle toning, STEP Circuit is a fun variety of STEP… along with muscle conditioning using weights, tubes, or resist-a-balls.
- STRONG Nation™: Combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. In each class you'll burn calories while toning arms, legs, abs and glutes.
- STRONG 30: A 30 minute high intensity class containing cardio and full body toning
- YOGA: This class is appropriate for anyone interested in Yoga – novice through advanced participants are welcome. This class is designed to introduce participants to Yoga postures as well as helping to increase flexibility, strength, balance and mind/body awareness.
- Yogalates: A combination of Yoga and Pilates, this class is designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance, and mind/body awareness while offering an interesting variety of Yoga postures and Pilates exercises.
- Yoga on the Ball: Beginning with a short meditation, yoga poses and pilates exercises are adapted for the Resist-a-Ball.
- ZUMBA: Latin Dancing made fun and easy to follow with motivating music!!! This class is tons of fun and an awesome sweat!!!