A multi-sport complex in Central Pennsylvania featuring climate controlled air-conditioned comfort and indirect lighting!
TENNIS AT THE SUMMIT
The Summit’s Tennis philosophy is to make tennis both fun and affordable.
Tennis Court Time and Memberships
The Summit offers a Tennis Membership that gives players a discounted hourly court rate. In addition, we are pleased to offer the Unlimited Players Pass (UPP) which allows players unlimited court time at no charge during selected hours. Another option for court time is our Contract Court Time Rates. The contract court time allows you to reserve the courts for a block of time every week at a reduced rate.
The Summit also offers a Junior UPP:
- Unlimited court time November through March
- Available for elementary through college aged students
- Sibling discount
- Parent add-on available, allowing the parent to work with the child on court with no additional court fees
Junior Development Program
The Summit Junior Development Program offers opportunities for all levels of junior players to advance their skills. Clinics usually start in November and run through the end of March. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classes are offered at convenient after school times. League play is available for intermediate and advanced juniors in both singles and team competition; this will be scheduled by Brian and Amanda on a weekly basis.
MEET THE PROS
Brian Denis has been the Head Tennis Coach in the Hollidaysburg Area School District for the past 20 years, where he has amassed over 500 career wins, 14 District Team Championships, and more than 20 individual district champions. A 1994 graduate of Altoona Area High School, he was a member of the Varsity Tennis team for 4 years where he played #1 singles and was team captain. Brian went on to star at Dickinson College where he was team captain, #1 singles, and NCAA Academic All-American. Brian, along with his wife Amanda, are the area's only USPTR certified professionals, and he is one of only a handful of teaching professionals in the state who have reached Level 2 status in PTR’s Merit Achievement Program. Brian has had numerous tennis articles published over the years in national tennis magazines.
A 1992 graduate of Altoona Area High School, Amanda was a member of the Varsity Team where for years where she played #1. At Penn State Altoona, she played in the Commonwealth Tournament and won the number 1 flight in 1994. She volunteered her coaching services for the Altoona Area High School girl’s team during the 93 and 94 seasons. She served as assistant coach for the Altoona girl’s team in 1997. Amanda taught hundreds of children through her summer and winter programs with the Central Blair Park and Recreation. Amanda is a certified USPTR instructor.
MEET THE COACHES
- Megan Stern has been a tennis instructor at the Summit Tennis and Athletic Club since 2018. Mrs. Stern was previously the girl’s assistant tennis coach at Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School for three seasons from 2016-2018. She is currently the head men’s and women’s tennis coach at Penn State Altoona. Mrs. Stern played High School tennis at Hollidaysburg Area High School under Coach Brian Denis and also collegiately at Clarion University of Pennsylvania. She enjoys working with area youth tennis players and helping to improve their tennis game through clinics and private lessons!
- Maria played tennis at Clarion University for four years and has been giving lessons at The Summit for three years. She has been the assistant coach of the Hollidaysburg boys and girls tennis teams for the past three years and assistant coach of the Penn State Altoona Mens and Womens tennis teams for the past three years